Wednesday 6 January 2021

Year 4 Superstars

 


Congratulations everyone on getting to Wednesday!

After a lovely day with the class on Monday, it was quite a shock to not have them back on Tuesday. I'm sad that our term has been cut short and I miss them already but it was a pleasure to spend the day with them and I can't wait until we can all be together again. 

I hope you have all begun to adjust to lockdown 2. I've tried to call as many of you as possible, although if you have any questions, comments or concerns please get in touch via my email c.browne@princeofwales.dorset.sch.uk 

I have been really impressed with the learning that has been going on so far - well done year 4 Superstars!  If you haven't discovered our distant learning site yet, it can be found on our website by clicking on the distant learning tab. Alternatively, click here for the link

I have personal experience of the challenges of home schooling my own children and so I would urge you to not worry if things don't always go to plan. However, I do still strongly encourage you to start some learning routines with your child as soon as possible. Even if your child doesn't complete every activity, setting a routine will help your child know what is expected of them, will relieve boredom and we help them appreciate their free time more. If the school time table doesn't suit you and your child you may want to custom your child's learning and a tick list or individual timetable can be a great way to keep your child motivated.  

From Tuesday I will have personalised the learning activities and I am looking into setting up some group zoom calls and other ways that we can share our learning. Tomorrow (Thursday) you can come and pick up your child's learning pack which will have resources for next week's learning. Year 4's time slot is 2pm - 3pm. 

I hope it's not too long until we can be together again.  

Sending you all lots of love.

Ms Browne & the Year 4 team. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment