Saturday 23 January 2021

Welcome to week 4

 


Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well in these strange times. I don't know about you but the more I think about World War 2 the more I find myself finding similarities with our current situation. Just like in WW2 we are all making sacrifices for the greater good. If our critical frontline key workers are the army and navy then the rest of us are the home guard, the ARP wardens and the land army. We all need to pull together and do our bit and I know that so many families are doing just that. Thank you.

This week in distance learning, the activities are taking on a more practical feel. The children will be invited to make a rations poster, recreate the evacuation of Dunkirk and create a timeline. In the afternoons (or you can also do these in the morning of course) there is a range of activities for the children to choose from based on rations, air raid shelters, ARP wardens and make do and mend. I don't expect you to do all of them and you may come up with your own brilliant ideas which I would love you to share. A preview of the activities can be found here  but generally they include model making, cooking, sewing or junk modelling and gardening.  

As ever, please share any learning with myself and Mr Spracklen and this week it would be wonderful if your child could flipgrid their WW2 activities to inspire one another. 

Take care and know we're all in this together.

Love from,

Ms Browne & the Year 4 team. xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment