Thursday 28 November 2019

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Hello!

Just a quick blog to update on a couple of things that have been happening in Year 4 this week and last week. I want to start by saying how impressed I am with the incredible writing that was produced for our Big Write last week. Each and every child blew me away with their fictional writing skills. Well done Year Four!!

As promised, I am adding my email address to this blog as well. Please contact me if there is anything you want to let me know or you have any questions. I do check my emails regularly throughout the day - a.white@princeofwales.dorset.sch.uk

This week in Maths we have started looking at negative numbers. We have looked at this in a variety of ways by relating this is so real life contexts such as hotel floors, car park levels and also thermometers. The home learning this week will be focused on this.

We have also been busy conducting science experiments which link to the water cycle. We did three today in class which looked at evaporation and precipitation. All children enjoyed thinking scientifically and conducting experiments.





In art we have started to look at the artist Claude Monet and children have started to create their own version of the famous 'Bridge over a pond of water lilies'. These will be completed next week! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. 

Rehearsals for the Christmas play have also started properly this week. Please can you read through any lines your child may have. Reading through the songs would also be beneficial.

Thank you!
The Year Four Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment