Monday 2 May 2016

Monday 2nd May 2016

I hope you all had a great bank holiday!

Last week the children worked very hard for the supply teacher, Mrs. Derby, which was fantastic to hear. I was able to return to assess their performance poetry - the best I've ever heard!!!!!!!!! Excellent expression, confidence, clarity, eye contact and body language! It was particularly wonderful to see some children, who are normally quietly spoken, performing with such increased confidence and self esteem - well done!!!!!!

Numeracy was a combination of cross curricular data handling and equivalent fractions, which we will be continuing with this week!

We are looking forward to our DT day on Friday and our trip to Tescos - I did say to the children that we would appreciate 3 volunteers to walk with us and to accompany a small group of 6 children each around Tescos - we will leave school at 9:10 and return by 11:00 at the very latest, if you are able to help us then please come in and see myself this week. The children will also need to bring in their team contribution of £2 before Friday.

Finally, those of you who are entering the schools biathle on the 15th May, I have to send the applications off tomorrow, and there a couple of you who are still to pay the entry fee - if you could let me know tomorrow whether your child is still entering, that would be useful - otherwise I will try and catch those of you in the morning!

See you all tomorrow!

Mrs. Johnson

2 comments: