Sunday 23 February 2014

Independent!




I hope you've had a fantastic half term?

Thank you to the girls for "having a go" at writing a class blog - watch this space with more children blogging to come!

I am looking forward to our themed week - Proud to be me! I also can't wait to see your home learning - Alexandra was so keen she produced hers before the holiday! Well done Alexandra! Don't forget it is a dressing up day on Friday! Dress up to look like the profession you would like to be when you grow up!!!

I hope you found the calculation strategies sheet, attached to the spellings, useful - it shows the methods we have been learning and using in class, so feel free to stick them to the fridge and practise them when you have a spare few minutes here and there to keep consolidating and reinforcing learning. I would also love to see any that you practise, so please bring them in!

Finally, I hope you have been singing away and learning those song words - remember we have a visitor on Friday to help us practise them!!!!

We have all been really impressed at the independence that most of you are now showing when coming into class in the morning, organising yourselves and settling without your parents coming in - great practise for Middle Schools - you are now confident and independent individuals!!! I would really encourage EVERYONE to now be doing the same (as much as I love to see your parents, they can always book to come and see me if they need to, and I often see them at the end of the day anyway!)

Thank you for your support in these areas!

The Year 4 Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment