Monday 6 January 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New (wet!) Year to everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing yet fun filled holiday? Mrs. Thomas, Mrs. Scott, Mrs. Brown and myself would like to say a huge "Thankyou," to all of you for your lovely cards and presents - too generous!!!! :-) (I also hope you ate all your sprouts - I had to!!!!)

The children have all kicked off  2014 with a bang! Great enthusiasm, focus and attitude for learning as we launch into all sorts of new things - topics, trips - residential (information to follow shortly), preparing for new schools...........we all made new years resolutions today (adults included)!!!!!!

A reminder that the 6 children continuing with Brass lessons need to bring in their instruments tomorrow for your lesson with Mr. Minhinnick at 1:00 - 1:30pm.

Next Thursday, from 9:00-10:30, I will be holding a maths workshop in the school hall where the focus will be on calculation strategies, how we teach it and the progression. I aim to demonstrate the strategies, then give you a chance to have a go yourselves followed by any questions you may have, and finally directing you to the DASP calculation booklet so that you will have a copy at home to refer to! I do hope you will be able to come because I am sure it will be really valuable for you to be able to help your children when they talk about their learning at home! (I promise to give you a brain break - and maybe a cuppa and biscuits!!!!!! :-))


See you soon!

Mrs. Johnson and the Year 4 Team


No comments:

Post a Comment